Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mountains & Homework!

Boarding on Mt.Washington! On the top!

Such a gorgeous place to be snowboarding with mountains surrounding 
you! Last week from Monday to Friday I went to Mt.Washington on Vancouver Island and it was lots of fun! There were quiet a few injurys; 2 broken wrists, 1 concussion and 1 pinky slit right open to the bone! Luckily I did not get hurt too badly. I had a man crash into me which kind hurt lol but im glad i didnt get to hurt. Helmets are a good thing to wear everyone! Im glad i wore one haha! I went snowboarding Monday,Tuesday, thursday,friday and than on Wednesday we went  
snow shoeing some of us! We also went tubing on wednesday night which was lots of fun! I was afraid to go but it was fun and my bad memories of tubing from when I was a kid have been forgotten lol...when I was younger I fell off the tube pretty bad
 and hadn't been since so I was scared but it was fun after all! Over all the week was really good! It was a week to be with everyone and get to know everyone more. Usually after snowboarding I would hop in the hot tub and end up having some good conversations with some of the girls there! We were challenged to come out of our shell more when we would have chapel each night at 8. We talked about the names that we gave each other at the beginning of the year and how we were growing into them or if they were being evident in our life. Defiantly a lot of the names given were evident with the person it had been given to and it was exciting listening to people talk and having people talk out loud that are usually to shy to talk. It was so beautiful being surrounded by God's beautiful creation all week! Being up on the mountain and looking out over the OCean and seeing the rocky mountains was so incredible! In the morning
 when we woke up the sky was sometimes purple and it was so pretty! The week challenged us as a group to grow together and get to know each other in a different setting than here at kaleo. We stayed in this beautiful lodge that was like a log big cabin! I love the wood it was made out of and it was just so gorgeous to live in for a week! I was sad to leave the place but I left with lots of great memorys and fun times boarding! We might be going back up there and hopefully there will be more snow next time because there was not that much! It was 11 degrees on the top of the mountain! People were snowboarding in their t-shirts on one of the days!!
All in all my week was great! I had a really good time with everyone! 
Church was sweet on sunday! The capenwray students came out from thetis island and we might organize a hangout with them all! They are all really nice people! I'm excited if we get to hangout! 

Sooo some prayer requests:
-pray for a sense of peace
-for my homework that I have had lots of lately that I will get it all done
-to get ready for my trip and raise all the money that I need

Love Alivia :) 


1 comment:

Erin's Dad said...

Wow! It really sounds like you had a wonderful time on the Snowboarding trip. I am still just a skier. David was a snowboarder for years and has returned to skiing. Erin loved snowboarding, but I will probably just stick to two skis.

Thank you for taking the time to share your 'heart' with us. It is great to get a real sense of your joys and challenges while you are away at this remarkable event.

I love to hear the different perspectives about the experience you are all having, but the common ground is that God is doing a great work in you all both as a TEAM and a group of individuals. Keep up the hard work and Susan and I will continue to pray for you.

We will see you in April, we just booked our tickets...

Gord