Sunday, November 23, 2008

A week of Prayer & Surrender



Kaleo Ministry #11
This past week I have had has been on such a great adventure. I grew, I got challenged, I cried, I laughed, I surrendered. 24/7 prayer week was incredible! (If you do not know what it is i have posted what is is in my previous blog)...So I had lots of excitement and worries going into the week. My worries were not knowing what to do in the room when I went in it. My excitement was me thinking, ok what is going to happen this week. As a community Kaleo grew together a lot. We had some awesome stories coming out of the week to share with each other. We had chapel everyday before lunch and usually during our chapel people share their story. As in their story i mean their life story, what has brought them to the place they are at today and what events or moments in their life has made them the person they are. A story doesn't have to be big and challenging. It is your story to tell and it is unique because it is about you. During the week when we had chapel someone shared each day about their life. It was so evident that they were meant to share that week. It was just incredible hearing the stories we all heard as a community and supporting the person afterwards. The thing i cherished was the time i got to go into the pray room and sit by myself and talk to God. He didn't always talk back but i felt his comfort in my struggles. One night i sat in a chair and i prayed to God to give me peace and joy through all the things I am being faced with. There are a lot of choices to be made and some are I guess school is a factor for next september. I will have to start applying when i come home. I'm still so unsure of what I want, actually of what God wants for my life. A lot of people are feeling the same here and were going through that struggle together which is good to talk to others about. All in all it was a terrific week of giving things up to God and having peace come over me in small amounts. 
I will never be the same after this week of prayer.

So basically my week was prayer, homework, youth group and hangouts with the awesome people here! I had a paper due on friday and another one due on sunday! This week i had decided i wanted to take a fast from facebook, skype, msn etc. I felt it was needed. I didn't want to be distracted in any way and I wanted the week to be a facebook week of growth and not be spending hours on which i sometimes due and time goes by so fast. It was definitely a good choice made. I may do it again because  I benefitted from it so much. 

Church was sweet this week! My girls were sweet as always. They asked lots of questions. They did talk a lot but I was ok with that because a lot of it was questions! They are curious some of them about God and the thing I pray is that I would have the right words to say to them in answering the questions they have. I love speaking into their lives and being that role model. I hope I am and continue to impact them in some way even if it is the littlest thing that I do.

So another start to another busy week. David Lee is teaching us a course this week on Church Ministry. I am excited but scared because there is so much work to be done. I hope that the week goes well and that I learn lots. 

Some prayer requests:
-Missions trips..which one is the knowing right one for me.
-Pray that i continue to seek my quite time with God on a daily basis
-Prayer to get through my struggles 
-Prayer for tests and exams of everyone doing them

Love Alivia
p.s. I hope you like the new blog template :)
It's still a work in progress! I though i'd change it up a bit!

Photo of church taken by me :)

No comments: