Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kaleo Ministry #10

:)
Hey thereee!!












I have had quit the adventurous past week!
On sunday night was t
he start of reading week! Many adventurers were had and good time during the week! One of the days A few of us went down to Victoria and hung out and explored victoria, we shopped and went to the imax and than another day we went to Nanaimo to go bowling and had a great dinner at this really cool cafe! 
On wednesday I hung around the camp and went to youth group!
Thursday we went to a film called warren miller ski film at a college in victoria. IT was a film all about snowboarding and skiing and had some really sweet music and shots to it! 
Friday followed with our presentation in our camp ministry course and it went pretty well! 
My weekend was jammed packed with homework and finishing a paper for my course called Hermeneutics! I got it done after hours of doing it and editing everything! I felt so relieved when it was done! 

Church is going well! There was wednesday night youth group and we talked about different religions. We talked about buddhists and muslims and Christianity and what are the differences. Some of the kids had some great questions to ask! One prayer request would be for my girls during group discussion time to be not so chatty and listen in the group when another person is speaking. They are all so sweet girls and i enjoy hanging out with them!

Sooooooo another week has started and it is 24/7 week of prayer. So far it has been incredible! Everyone signed up for an hour a day and there is a room dedicated for prayer.  Someone is praying every hour and all through the night the shifts rotate. One of my shifts was last night and it was from 3-4am. I woke up and went down to the room with erin who we were partners for the shift and as we come in the person who is leaving prayers for our hour with God that is about to be had. There are pictures set up in the room of everyones faces all around and there is our names on pieces of paper. At the beginning of the year everyone on our sailing trip named each-other. For instance some one's name is freedom. My name is vulnerable. It all represents our life and our walk with God and what we are to either break free from this year or grow in. So in this room you can write encouraging notes to people on these papers that have their names or you can write prayers to God on the papers. You can do whatever you felt led to do in this room. SIt down if you like and just pray to God for what is on your mind. I've been in the room 2 times. Once by myself and once with another person. Both times i never want to leave by the end of the hour because i'm thirsty for more of God and i love just taking time aside from my busyness here at kaleo and giving it to God and sending prayers his way. So i am excited for this week. I am fasting from facebook and skype and it has gone well so far. I am finding myself getting more things done and be more productive than sitting on the computer and letting hours go by which sometimes happens. 

Prayer Requests:
-Prayer that this week goes well for everyone and that prayers get answered
-Pray that i continue to stay strong with my struggles i am facing
-Pray for God to be present in everything we are doing here and that is it glorifying to him

Thank you so much for reading and coming along on this journey with me!
Love Alivia 

No comments: