Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kaleo ministry #5

hello there!
surfs up!
I just got back a few days ago from SURFING!!! Which was so much fun! I went to Tofino on the island and it was INCREDIBLE! We camped right off the Ocean the view was gorgeous. My tent was facing the Ocean when you woke up in the morning and it was so beautiful! When we got here we set up tents and than went and played soccer on the beach!
I went and dipped my feet in the cold Ocean and collected some sweet rocks and i found a half of a sand dollar of which broke in my bag unfortunately :( 
I loved how we were sounded by God's beauty and creation which was so amazing! So that night we had dinner and than all went for a walk on the beach. We played a game where you spin round and round looking up and picking a star in the sky. Than someone says stop and puts a flashlight on in the distance and you run towards it and try not to fall. You get so dizzy from spinning that it is so funny try to walk straight to the flashlight. We than had a camp fire and made smores and went to bed! The next morning we woke up and had a little lesson on surfing. Than we headed off to surf! We got there and put on these full body wet suits! We had boots and gloves and hoods if we wanted to put over our heads to be real hard core :)
 <---This picture right here is of me and my roommates!
We look styling eh?!  From left to right is
Amelia, Erin, Kylie and me! We all had our own surf boards and the way we knew it was ours by names we had given to us. My surf board name was "Prairie Fire"! It was really sweet! It was a 9 ft board! The water at first was really cold! I got in pretty quick though because i was so excited to hop on my board and go surfing! I didn't catch many waves at first but i got Jim our leader to show me how to surf. I was on my board to far back. I did it the right and way and got up on it and was so HAPPY! It was so much fun! It felt so awesome to get up on a wave and ride it! I had the best time of my life surfing! I always wanted to try surfing and i loved it so much! We are going back in march i think so that should be cold but amazing! The good was so good! One of my favorite things on this trip was banana dessert. One night we cut down the middle of the banana and put in chocolate chips and marshmallows and wrapped the banana in tin foil and stuck it in the fire and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Than you take it out and it is a bit mushy and cooked and all the chocolate is melted in and marshmallows and it's the best dessert ever!!! So yea surfing was STELLAR!

My church is going awesome! I missed youth this week due to being in Tofino surfing! As well this sunday i'm missing Church because i am visiting The Rogers in Victoria for the weekend! It's sweet to have some home cooked meals and baked goodies! Their kids are awesome to hangout with! So i will be at my church again on wednesday for junior high. Which shall be another awesome night of crazy kids and having tons of fun hanging out! I can't hardly wait to see them again!

Some things that would be awesome for prayer would be:
-Making sure i am on top of my work for the next few weeks because i have so much stuff due!
-being disciplined to get enough rest and not be so tired
-for junior high at my church on Wednesday that it will go well!

That is all for now :)
thank you for reading and being interested in my adventure this year!
Love Alivia

No comments: