Monday, October 6, 2008

kaleo ministry # 4

This picture is of everyone on the sail ship!

Hey everyone!!
I hope that you are all doing awesome!
So my week....i had my first course this week! It was spiritual formation with Marv Penner from briercrest. He was an amazing teacher to start of the school year with the course was very beneficial! The week consisted of classes being roughly from 9am till 3 or 4pm. After class we would have group discussions or be organizing the chapel we were going to do for the group. Each of us were in 3 groups of 9 people. We had to pick a topic and do a chapel based around it. My group picked grace and the chapel went very well. It was a time to reflect on what Grace really is in our lives and we had 2 people share and we sang some worship songs as well. At the beginning of the week we went out and picked a place where we could go to write in our journals we were keeping that week. Throughout the week Marv would send us out and either we would free style write or he would give us an exercise to do. For instance he asked us one day to pick out things we struggled with in our lives out of a list of different sins. We picked 2 of those sins and turned to the Bible to see some bible verses about them and overcoming them.  It was a really solid week of learning new things!

My church is awesome! I'm really loving it lots! I have been helping out with sunday school the past 2 weeks and i love the kids! They are so much fun and i love spending time with them! This past sunday the lesson was about God being humble and what is the word humble mean. Also on Saturday i went to a thing called "road tour" with my church youth. Going into it i wasn't sure what to expect. Road tour is when the camp that i live on goes into vancouver and into victoria and goes into a church and play camp songs and worship songs and have camp games and hangouts with old friends. So its a remake of what the summer is like. So i went along with my church youth group and all of the kids loved it! They danced and sang and had fun with the games for the most part! THere was one game where there was atleast 150-200 finger rockets. THey are like plastic noodle foam rockets. you put your finger into the elastic and shoot them at people. They are really fun to throw back and forth at people. So they gave us tons of these and all the kids had a blast throwing them around going crazy! I defanatley had lots of fun doing this i was laughing so hard because i ended up hiding underneath a tupperwear container because i had so many rockets coming my way lol! So everything else with church is awesome! I really am enjoying myself there and the people are awesome!

Tomorrow i go surfing which i am so excited for! Im going to Tofino! I can't hardly wait! I hope it is decent weather to surf in! Aaaah i've never been surfing! We are wearing full body suits because the ocean can get really cold!

so i'm going to end this blog for now and leave some prayer requests....
-That i don't procrastinate on homework and get my work done
-That I keep focused and not get distracted too easily
-that surfing goes incredibly amazing
-that everyone continues to grow as a community and have lots of fun and be safe! :)
-that the group of grade 7 girls i lead on wednesdays at Jr.high goes well and that i will be able to speak into their lives and show them love

thank you everyone!
Love, Alivia :)

Here are some pictures I took from the sail ship!

<--This is Kylie and Tom!

















I climbed the whiskers on the boat! I took this near the top!














The dories that everyone went on to hike yet another mountain, this time it was a lil smaller!


No comments: