Friday, September 19, 2008

Kaleo Ministry



Hey y'all!

So this is my blog for the year! I am currently in British Columbia at Bible college in a little town called Crofton. I live on a Camp site similar to the camp I go to in the summers in port sydney, Ontario. I am embarking on a 8 month foundational program for young leaders. The program is called Kaleo and it's an adventure Bible program that develops leaders! We go on lots of out trips such as sailing, surfing, snowboarding and much more. But while we are doing this we also have course work we are assigned to do. For instance right now I'm reading a book called" The life you've always wanted" by John Ortberg. Its one of my course requirements to finish this book before the course and do the questions and essay assigned. Its all about spiritual growth and development and its pretty good! Also we join churches around the area and help out at youth group or sunday services and attend them and come into their church family! We are also trained on the challenge course aka known as high ropes course where you can do a number of fun thing such as the zip line which is awesome! 

So this Blog is going to be about my adventure, my challenges, my prayer requests, my church I am joining and my ministry here while at Kaleo in B.C. I have already done some amazing things and am so excited to tell you all about them! I will try and keep you updated about every week on what i'm up to and how things are going! 


For instance this past week i climbed a mountain over a course of 3 days we hiked 34km! Which was so intense but very rewarding when we got to the top of that mountain! It really helped with everyone doing it with me!

I will have more to update on for sure! I hope you enjoy reading this blog and looking at all my pictures :) I've taken ridiculous amounts already! 

Sincerely,
Alivia :)

No comments: