Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kaleo Ministry 2

             "Team Awesome Sauce" 
This is my team from the left eric, phil, me,
 jesse, jordan, deborah, paul!
As you can see we were all so tired! This
 picture was taken the 3rd day 
when we finished!
Hey :)

So my week has been pretty awesome but SOOOO busy! This week I did a number of things. Monday through Wednesday I hiked up a mountain which i told you a little bit about. We left on monday morning at 6:30am and it took about 2 hours to drive to Strathcona park to go on the adventure to hike up Mt.Albert-Edward. We all had big back packs to carry while hiking! Over the course of 3 days we hiked 34km! We were split up into random groups of 5-6 people in each to hike with. My group name was "team awesome sauce"! haha! We were professionals :) So we hiked 10km the first day than camped out off this beautiful lake. I love camping! At night a whole bunch of us played some dutch blitz and went down by the water and chatted and the sky was gorgeous with tons of stars away from any busy highways or city lights! We got up early the next day and met up with all the other groups and hiked up the mountain. It was a 14km hike which was so INTENSE! I can't believe i did it! I know that without everyone there i probably would not have made it but because we all worked together and we were all in it together made it sweet to climb knowing everyone was experiencing some sort of emotional or physical pain from the intense hike! 
So we hiked for a few hours and it came down to the last lil bit of the hike and inside my head i was like i did it we did it! Were almost there i can see the top! A few of us joined hands in a line across the bottom little part of the mountain and we walked up it like a summit! It only lasted for a few mintues with us being all eager to get up to the top! Once we got up there it was breathtaking the few was wow...words cant even describe the beauty i saw on that mountain that day. I wish i could capture it all in my camera but there is no picture that would have the same impact as being there in that moment of beauty! It was a gorgeous day which was terrific and the sun was a shining :)

So lets talk about my church I attend! I will tell you a little bit about my church. THe name of it is called Warmland and it is in the Cowichan valley which is the warmest place known around B.C. It's a church that is about 1 and a half years old and it is all about inviting people out to a whole different experience of church and seeing the love of God through different ways. It's a very inviting church with very nice people and an awesome pastor! The sunday services are a little bit different than your regular church. Service starts around 10:00am and than they have a secular song to open every week relating to the sermon. It's really neat idea i think because for some people it makes them feel more comfortable to hear a song that they might recognize and it might be there first time coming to church. After this song the band sits down and the Pastor Scott makes some announcements and than does his sermon. They have worship after the sermon to reflect on what was preached. It's an awesome way of going at the sunday service i think and i really enjoy it! I've been there now 2 sundays and its been awesome! I help out on Wednesday nights with youth group. The ages of the children are grades 5-7. I have a group of Grade 7 girls that i am starting to lead and be their leader! 

I am so excited for the many more experiences and things that i will be doing in my church coming up! Tomorrow i leave from 21-25 on a sailing trip! I will be sailing for a few days on a tall ship which i can't hardly wait to do!  Although i am having all this fun there is work involved and i need to finish some work before i leave.

Soooo some prayer requests over the next few days could be:
-Pray for me to get my work done and not procrastinate with my homework.
-Pray for safety traveling back and forth to Victoria.
-Pray that everyone will have an amazing time and we will continue to grow together as an awesome community and for sweet friendships to keep on being made!

Love Alivia :)

here are some pictures from Mt.Albert Edward!

This is me and erin! :)















Getting close to the top of the mountain! You can see the peak! 















We had a huge snow ball fight near the top of the mountain! It was really funny!



















A little glimpse of the beauty on the mountain top!














Team "Ontario" were #1 lol :)














Hope you liked the pictures! I'm still learning how to work this out! :)

No comments: