Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Freedom in the little things.


There is something that represents such freedom to me when I find a swing. As I was running the other day I came across a park that had swings! I quickly sprinted to them like a little kid and hopped on! It always makes me happy to jump onto a swing and glide back and forth while stretching my body back in complete surrender to the glides of each stride as I pump my feet to go higher. I feel like a little kid, as if there aren’t no worries around me and I can freely embrace the ability to pump my feet back and forth to go higher and higher. To some this may seem mundane and even a simple task, but to me it brings peace and a sense of childlikeness. As I jumped on the swing, I thought to myself…I am living out the desires of my heart right now. The lord has been crazily moving in my life. Shifting things around and blowing my mind in ways I could have never imagined. Although this is happening, it didn’t necessarily come easy. I fought for other things that weren’t necessarily in the plans of the Lords eyes at times, but I think we can all say that sometimes we get off the trail sometimes chasing after our own desires before the Lords. I was thinking this even today talking with a friend…I know…I really do know that spending time with God is SO beneficial to my everything but I can get off that trail easily enticed by my own strength of working things out only to come back to the place of saying, “Abba, Father, I need you because you satisfy all my desires.” There is a rhythm sometimes to our lives that we can experience the sweetness of the Lord but be drawn away easily. How does one maintain consistency? How does one know in their heart that quiet time is good time but does not always take the time to do that thing they know what is good for them. Am I making sense? Sometimes my blabber gets the best of me. The Lord says to come to him and he will provide. If we know this why is it sometimes such a challenge? I have a tidbit of an answer…because we live in a dark world sometimes and satan is out to turn us against the Father who brings life.

A really good Psalm that someone spoke over to me recently goes like this… (It’s the message, which some people may find not spot on biblical but the words I found were beautiful to me and comforting :) 

“My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit - not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength – that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth. Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God!”

-Ephesians 3:14-19

Amen :)

What stood out to me most was “the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love” O how wonderful if we allow him to live within us! Praise be to Him, the giver of life!

I want to try and keep this blog updated with my thoughts still but also a little update as to what I’m up to and where I am in the world ;) I am constantly on the move with this Job I am leading and would love for you to journey with me as I write and share! Currently I am in Manitoba and heading towards the Mountains/Alberta on Sunday! Manitoba has been nice but I’m stoked to head west and experience the beauty out there as well! Next week is girl/guy week which makes me so excited to spend time just with the girls! I know were going to have a rad week! Pray for safety on the road as we travel both Sunday and Monday.

Much Love,

A

 This link below is a blog that is written by students. Feel free to check it out as it will be updated more often than my blog :) 

http://outtatownsa14.wordpress.com


Here are some photos as of lately :) 


                Twister with paint!!


Fun group of staff I get to work with :) 

Small group cookie making night! Was blessed to use this kitchen at a camp we stayed at! 

Hangouts with these beautiful gals :) 

Thanksgiving with my friend Mik :) 
We like to bake & cook lots :) hehe! 

Pumpkin swirl cheesecake for the win! 

:) 

No comments: