Monday, July 29, 2013

fun fun fun!


Where do I start with all the things that have gone on these past two weeks! I ‘ve had some fun opportunities! First of all I got to lead a sports day event with 100 kids….CHECK completion! It was CRAZY but so much fun! I had my juniors (grade 7 & 8) students help me! There was 10 stations kids could go to with their leaders on a roation system I made up! It worked out so well! The juniors stepped up and led SO WELL! I was happy with their initiative and enthusiasm to take charge and lead their fun game at their station! Games such as sponge bucket race, water balloon volleyball, balloon around the ankle, tarp races to name a few! I ensured things were going well walking around and participating here and there to make sure the juniors weren’t over whelmed with their stations! All in all the day ended and I felt accomplished and proud of what I had planned! It was a great experience and I was happy to lead the day!
            Since than we’ve gone to the beach which was also a fun adventure!
I mostly just chilled with this one girl Michelle. I’ve been hanging out with her a bit this summer! She has autism and it’s been really fun to be around her and play at the park and hangout! She is a gem and such a cutie! She is funny! She LOVES belts! I usually wear a belt to work and each day she comes up to me and says Alivia where is your belt? So I show her I have it on and she proceeds to tuck my shirt in so she can see my belt more. It’s funny and I always laugh with her doing it.
            Lately I’ve been also hanging out with a lot of the younger little girls at camp! They are 5 & 6 years old! They are such a bundle of joy! Last week we sat at park time and threw goldfish into each others mouth and sat and chatted. They are wonderful! Kids says the funniest things here are some quotes:

Kid: My moms farts smell like cupcakes,,,but she doesn’t even eat cupcakes….annnnnd my dads smell like garbage…..

Kid: my mom was sick yesterday so I couldn’t make it camp…
Me: Oooooh! So did you stay home and cook her some chicken noodle soup than?
Kid: NOOOoooooo I’m onlt a kid! I’m 6 years old! I can’t cook!
.
Gotta love kids! I’ve been learning which age groups I really enjoy. Before the summer I might have said there was a broad range but working with kids of all ages ranging from grades 1-12 I have learned more of which age group I may prefer over another.

     I lead devotions everyday Tuesday and Thursday morning! The kids are very quiet and I wonder if what I speak has any influence on them but I am reminded that even though their quietness is present it doesn’t mean that there isn’t a seed perhaps being built by the Lord. So as they sit there and I ask questions and out of 40 kids no one responds my prayer is that the Father at the end of it would have spoken through me to them in some way to have impacted them. That I may have spread the gospel in some tangible way and walk away having confidence that my words are just words but that the Lord would take them and mold them to what these kids need to hear in that moment. :)

      On a side note I had the chance to visit Seattle the other week! It was loads of funnnn!! I went to the pike market place, which is pretty neat! There are lots of booths set up and fish markets etc. Kind of like a large craft/food show!
 
 Oh yes and I bought the most lovely bunch of flowers only 7$ for a beautiful bouquet that probably would have been 50 at a store! It indeed brightened up my room! There was also some good live music jamming away that I sat and listened to for a while! We spent most the day at this market and than went to the gum wall! Yes folks it’s a GUM wall! How cool is that? Yucky maybe but really neat! It is this ally way that is filled with colorful bubble gum! I had to take part so I bought some gum and chewed it! Once mushing it up in my mouth I put my name on the wall! It was my favorite part of the day!

 Yummy funny goodness! I love exploring! It was a beautiful sunny day! Speaking of sunny days were going on 30 days of sunshine in Vancouver and my heart is happy with it! I do like some rain but I’m happy with more sunshine than rain! The brown is starting to look very bleak and brown but were going strong on no break of rain for just about a month now! :)

     Well folks I must be off to bed now but I hope you enjoyed reading whats going on in my life lately and Ill try to update sooner! It’s hard to find time to sit down these days and relax when I feel like so much is going on! OOooh I forgot to say I felt very accomplished last week I went on a 20km bike ride with Carissa my friend downtown to the C-wall! It was a glorious freeing bike ride! Yahoo! I feel like I fit into this hippy vintage bike riding movement down here haha! Anywho thanks for reading! I’ll post some photos in a few days!

Much Love,
Liv 

Prayer requests:
That I would be willing in all I do
The student leaders would lead well & continue to take initiative   



                                                    Some of my juniors Erika & Emma
                                                            SPORTS DAY FUN! :)



                              

                                Just chilling in Seattle out of the first ever starbucks...kind cool.


 More of the gum wall!




Some of the kids I work with :)


                                               








20 km bike ride.....check!

 Safety first...right?

Tea party celebration fun!


 I got a perm....maybe?...


One of the Interns it was her birthday so we celebrated on the beach!




Tea party in honor of a staff :) It was lots of fun! 





Day at the lake :)


Fireworks on the beach with music to them! It felt like most of Vancouver was there! Festival of lights its called!

Ending off the week with a comfy cozy hammock hangout :)

:)
 

No comments: