Monday, November 3, 2008

Kaleo Ministry #8





HEY HEY HEY


Kaleo is incredible.
I think this past week has been the HUGEST learning curve since i've been here! Like oh my goodness, i've been faced with some different things that have put a curve ball in my life and challenged me but i feel like ive gained so much peace God has given me and it's hard to explain. God is wonderful i'm seeing him work in me so many different ways especially this past week! For instance highlight story of my week that was the best thing ever! It happened actually today monday so technically a start to my new week but i'll include it anyways :)
So today we did street ministry and we went to Victoria a group of us with socks/gloves/food/blankets/sleeping bags/hats...all to give to people we saw on the street that were homeless. So we went out to Victoria and got split up into groups today and i had Ameilia , Jake and I in a group. We made up a funny team name called team "nitro". haha it didnt really have meaning it was just something fun we made up! So anyways we went out the 3 of us in the afternoon and walked around and handed out a numerous amount of things. We were walking on the walkway by the harbor in downtown Victoria and we heard a guy playing guitar so we decided to check it out. I knew the song right away! It was Johnny Cash, Folsom prison blues..it had that train sound to it..i love Johnny! We stood there in awe of how good this guy was! He sang the song and than he finished. We started talking to him and he told us his guitar case was behind us if we wanted to put any money. We weren't really carrying any money but Jake spoke up and said" we don't have any change but would you like some socks?" The guy replied back with saying "oh no its ok i'm trying to get off the socks". It was quit hilarious, he was quit the funny guy saying jokes lol. So we started talking a bit more and we were saying how we are from a bible college. He asked us if we were christians and we said yea fore-sure we are. Than the big question came up "why, why do you believe in God?" WOW.  talk about a million things running through your head thinking wow how can i sum up how i believe in God or explain it :S I started praying in my head asking God to give me the words to say, i wanted to say something but i had no idea what to say. I just kept repeating in my head ok God show me what you want me to say, tell me, i want to tell this man about you. All of a sudden i start talking and telling this guy about God. It was incredible, i started telling him how not enough people in this world show people love. This world has abused what love is and should be as people. I related back to how earlier in our conversation he talked about a catholic priest who has done wrong in the past by molesting boys and how can a God let that happen...i said to this guy about this topic that God does not like that, he did not intend for that to happen and that is sinful and im sorry for these people that have abused what christians should be representing and that he see's these "christians" acting that way. I told him that, that is from the devil those wicked things...i went on to say that us coming out here today is us showing people love, more like God's love and how we could be on our computers just sitting there all day and being lazy but we chose to come out and get to know people and hang out. I had sad a bit more but i can't remember everything, all i know that those words defiantly did not come from me. Yes physically they did but God spoke through me to say those words to this man that was confused and curious about God. We talked to this man for a little bit more and it was really sweet. As we were walking away me and Jake and Amelia started talking and they were like Alivia oh my goodness what you said was incredible, and we just thought of how it was so God in all of it and i was defanantley like yea i really just spoke and the words came out lol It was the most humbling experience!

CHURCH :)
Church is going really well! On wednesday was games night and dress up night! We just hung out and had LOTS of fun! We played musical chairs, hot potato we decorated pumpkins
to throw onto a target! Musical chairs was hilarious running around with all the kids! Some of their costumes were crah-azy! One girl had these fake teeth that had blood when you bit down ha it was cool!                                   
We decorated our pumpkins and than all the leaders threw them backwards over this railing and tryed to get them on a target BUT it was much harder than it seems! Here is a 
<--picture of Maylane trying to throw her pumpkin over, it was really funny! I went to throw mine and all my girls were screaming "GO ALIVIA GO ALIVIA" haha i had an awesome crowd! :) IT was such a fun night getting to know the kids even more and just pure hangouts were awesome! As for sunday i helped out with sunday school and it was really sweet! We played a few games and than talked about peer pressure in life and a few different things. There was this kid nick and a piano and he was playing and he was really sweet! I'm defiantly really liking my church and the kids are so sweet! I love just hanging out with them and talking with them! 



Me and the girls that go to Warmland Church dressing up for Youth on Wednesday :)















Homework oh dear!
Other than that this week has been filled with SO MUCH HOMEWORK and a course called hermeneutics! We learned about how to read the bible and had a good time asking questions and reading the bible and analyzing it! We had assignments every night due for the next day which was so much to do on top of our other homework due for other courses! I definitely pulled an all-nighter....ha it was so crazy but so worth it to get lots of homework finished and get a HUGE paper finished! 

sooo that is all for now im off for roomie night :)

Love Alivia!

Me loving surfing! Wish i was back there! This photo was taken on my disposable water camera surfing last month! 





1 comment:

erin said...

YES I CAN
love you,

glad you had such a great week!